Monday, March 31, 2014

Lesson 3

Lesson 3

Objective:
Good readers learn and recognize word patterns while writing such as suffixes.
Good readers can read fluently and show comprehension by retelling the story in their own words.

Procedure:
Student will do a word sort activity at their spelling level focusing on suffixes -ure, -ism, and -age.
Student will read free reading book and show comprehension by telling me a retell of the story.



Reflection on student:
My student did a very good job during the word sort.  She understands suffixes and the words that contain them, but just struggles with some of the spellings especially in -ar, -ur, ir, and er words.  After reading her free reading book, she did a great job of retelling the story to me with lots of detail.  She even asked me questions about certain things in the book such as, "What does this line mean?"  There was a line in the book where the dad said his daughter would "never live up to her name."  The characters name is Harper Lee, so I explained to her that Harper Lee was a famous author most known for writing "To Kill a Mockingbird."  If my student continues to ask questions while reading, I believe her comprehension will only increase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment